One last big thank you to everyone who sponsored my abseil… I managed to raise a whooping GBP 462.50 for Age Concern. :-)
June 10, 2006
A big thank you to everyone who has already sponsored me (so far I have raised £158.46) but if you havent yet sponsored me, PLEASE DO! Its a fantastic cause, and trust me, it is worth the sponsor because this is no easy feat for me. I am terrified of heights (I still cant quite believe Im going to be hanging off a rope 52 metres above the ground. gulp)
Also, two things to add to the last sponsor me request:
1) If you don't want to give your card details out on the net, (even though justgiving is completely secure) then you are more than welcome to sponsor me OFFLINE (which will require contact! so please drop me an email)
2) If you want to remain anonymous (as strange as that sounds I have actually had two people wishing to remain anonymous) you may do so if you go through the online sponsoring page
Im afraid if you want to sponsor me offline then you can stay anonymous (in the sense that I wont give your details in to the charity) but I would of course know who you are!
PLEASE SPONSOR ME ! RIGHT NOW! What are you waiting for?!
June 09, 2006
I am going to be doing a sponsored abseil down a 170 foot building on Sunday 18th June. The money raised will be going towards Age Concern.
Please sponsor me.. and as I am terrified of heights the sponsorhip will really mean a lot to me, and of course Age Concern!
To sponsor me, or to see more details about the event, please go to
If you would prefer to sponsor me offline (and are at the University, or in the area) please don't hesitate to drop me an email.
Thanks very much,
May 15, 2005
Here's something to try in your next revision break… the river IQ game,
Everything is in Taiwanese, so here's what you have to do:
Everybody has to cross the river, but there are rules:
1. Only 2 people on the raft at a time.
2. The father can not stay with any of the daughters without their mother's presence (or he will beat them).
3. The mother can not stay with any of the sons without their father's presence (or she will beat them).
4. The thief (striped shirt) can not stay with any family member if the Policeman is not there.
5. Only the Father, the Mother and the Policeman know how to operate the raft.
6. To start click on the big blue circle on the right.
7. To move the people click on them. To move the raft click on the handle.
and when its finally time to get back to that revision, the solution follows:
P = policeman, T = thief, G = girl, B = boy, F = Father, M = Mother
1. P + T
3. P + B
4. P + T
5. F + B
7. F+ M
9. P + T
11. M + F
13. M + D
14. P + T
15. P + D
17. P + T
May 03, 2005
Please donate blood! Contact your local medical center to find out how you can do this, or if you are in the UK then go here, or if you are at the Uni of WArwick then next Tuesday (10th may) there is a session from about 9 – 4pm in Butterworth Hall.
I donated blood this morning (for the first time), and I am terrified of needles.. so if I can do it, so can you! The staff are really friendly and funny, and you get free squash and biscuits, as well as stickers and keyrings afterwards! So get yourselves down there! Save a life!