All entries for Monday 02 June 2008
June 02, 2008
Follow-up to Sour Cream Wars – Part 2 of the Kitchen Window Saga from Juicy's Blog
The above entry, among others, has chronicled my despair and hatred of living next door to really horrible chav neighbours. They have committed various anti-social and other crimes, the following being a small example:
- Thrown various dairy-based products at our kitchen window
- Climbed on our bay window in the middle of the night as an escape route from their upstairs bedroom window
- broken the wing mirror off Stu's car
- Egged Stu's car
- Repeatedly held loud fights at 12-4am both at weekends and during the week
- Raced their Chavmobiles up and down the street, normally early in the morning and making full use of the horn while simultaniously revving their puny little 1ltr engines nearly to the point of death (if only)
- Pissed around in the street and been very close to hitting my car with a large sports bag (they got screamed at for that)
- Nearly been caught with drugs by the police (well they would have been if the police had actually bothered to check their cars where we saw them run and hide them before they arrived)
- Completely and utterly destroyed the interior of a formally nice victorian terraced house (went in there last night and couldn't actually beleive it's possible for a house to be in that kind of state)
But, (drum roll if you please) at 11.55pm on the 31st May we had our last ever sighting of them as they blasted their horns and sped off down the street with the final remains of their belongings - they have been evicted!! WOOO! Well, I say evicted, they had actually signed an agreement saying they would be out by that date to make things quicker. For once they actually did what they were told.
The mess they have left behind though is terrible. The landlord thinks it will cost anything between 7-10K to get it back to a rentable state that anyone would actually consider good enough to live in. Everything is filthy, many of the original features of the house have been destroyed and then the garden...well, that's pretty much as bad as you get.
It's taken nearly 3 years to get rid of them but they've finally gone. They had so many chances to change and they never did. You can't say that we didn't try but they repeatedly refused to behave themselves and so now they have a whole load of orders slapped on them and noone in their right mind would offer them a house again. I think it's been a sobering lesson for the letting agents and the landlord!