AVAILABLE POSITIONS FOR ECONOMICS SUMMIT 2008
Deputy Coordinator (1-2 positions available)
There are one or two deputy coordinator positions available. The role of the deputy coordinator(s) is to assist the coordinator in overseeing: speaker recruitment, sponsorship, Summit competition, venue bookings, ticketing and budgets. One deputy coordinator will oversee the talk managers.
Administrator (this position will not have a team)
This role primarily entails:
– Liasing very closely with the coordinator and deputy coordinators as well as all Team members.
– Ensure that the weekly reports submitted by Team Leaders are available to everyone.
– Collate all the contact numbers of people involved and ensure communication is effective.
– Deal with the registration of external students.
– Order merchandise: T-shirts, lanyards etc.
*Website Designer (2 positions) *
The website used to be www.economicssummit.com and is currently down! We are looking for individuals who will share the responsibility of restoring (preferably with the same domain/url) and revamping the website. If you feel you could do this then please contact me ASAP.
Summit Designer (this position will have a team)
- In charge of designing all the posters for the event and social.
- Responsibility for the Summit information booklet. If you know how to use Quark or Photoshop this will be an advantage.
-Team will contain someone responsible for venue design.
Talks Coordinator (Will have small teams)
Talks Coordinator will be required to:
- Will be responsible for a number of talks which will include:
- Thinking about topics of discussion for the summit
- Researching speakers
- Liasing with the coordinator, deputy coordinators to invite speakers to the summit
- Liasing with speakers once they have been confirmed
- They will also be responsible for coordinating seminars/workshops in between talks (if applicable)
MAKE SURE YOU COME UP WITH IDEAS ABOUT TALK TOPICS AND HOW TO ORGAINSE THE TEAM BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW
Sponsorship and Finance (this position will not have a team)
This role may be fused with the second post of deputy coordinator. It involves working closely with the summit coordinator and deputy coordinator(s) prior to the event to secure sponsorship. To work with team leaders to monitor the allocation of funds and put together the final budget for the event.
Public Relations (this position will have a SMALL team)
Responsible for the Economics Summit 2007 press release. They will also be responsible for liasing with all internal media: the BOAR, RAW, Assumptions, the Economics Summit website team and external NON-STUDENT media i.e. newspapers, television etc.
Social Events (2 positions available and will have a team)
SUBJEC T TO ORGANISATION OF THE ECONOMICS BALL
MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW
- Organise Economics Summit Social for all team members and team leaders.
- In charge of organising the opening reception.
- Organise the Summit “Dinner and Dance” event on the second evening.
Head of External Marketing (Will have a team)
-Head of team which will:
Liaise with Economics Societies around the country and Europe to create awareness about the event. This year, a great focus will lie on building sustainable relations with other universities and making the Economics Summit a regular “must” for all serious economics students in the future. Make sure you think of some ideas on how to approach this challenge before your interview.
- Create awareness about event in external student press.
Head of Internal Marketing (Will have a team)
-Lead a team whose goal will be to ensure maximum attendance and awareness within the Warwick Bubble. This involves creative tasks but also aggressive marketing such as lecture shouts, flyers etc. We will face massive competition from other events next year, so it will be a great challenge!!
Hospitality (will have a team)
- Deals with arranging all coach journeys required
- Hotels for external students
- In charge of food and beverage for the event
- Needs to be present during the entire weekend of the summit
- Liases closely with social events and external marketing team leaders.
Resources (will have a team)
- In charge of all the printing of material – posters the summit booklet etc.
- In charge of the making of all tickets for the event and registration during the event.
- Collating information on speakers and their talk topics from the Talks Coordinators and their teams and passing on this information to the summit designer and website designer