All entries for Thursday 15 September 2005
September 15, 2005
Academic Library Futures: perspectives on tomorrow
Aston University Library, 24th November 2005, 10.00 - 4.00
‘…It is our future that lays down the law of our today.’ (Nietzsche)
What does the future hold for academic libraries and those who work in them? This one-day conference will explore our new learning environments, technology and professional competences, and provide critical perspectives on the state of academic libraries in the UK, while offering insights on how to build a vision for the future.
- Dr Sue McKnight Director of Libraries and Knowledge Resources, Nottingham Trent University, offering an Australian perspective on UK academic library and information services
- Christine Willoughby, Assistant Director, Library and Learning Services, Northumbria University on physical space and learning environments
- John MacColl, Head, Digital Library, University of Edinburgh, on digital futures
- Anne Bell, Librarian at the University of Warwick on planning for the future
- Margaret Chapman on the value of professional qualifications and the role of CILIP
The presentations will be followed by a workshop on planning for the future
Conference fee includes lunch and refreshments.
The meeting will be held in Aston University Library. The University is located in Birmingham City Centre on a green, self contained campus just 5 minutes walk from the city's main shopping streets and 10–15 minutes' walk from Birmingham New Street Rail Station. There is good disabled access to the library and a lift is available to reach the room where the event will be held.
See the notice board on floor 3, see me or contact Jane Marshal (email@example.com) for more details.