All entries for Wednesday 09 November 2005
November 09, 2005
Writing about web page http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4420526.stm
So what would you say was the wealthiest region of the country? Probably the South-East. So which region do you think would be best equipped to buy new digital receivers for when the government turns off the analogue signal – probably one and the same right?
So interesting that according to this plan the South-East will be the last region to get it, and the rest of the country has to fork out first! Bah! On the other hand Tyneside also appears to be in there at the end – not quite sure how that fits into my equation.
Don't know what I'm worrying about, I've had Sky for years…
So I arrived to park in CP8 this morning as usual, yet was shocked to discover that a whole row of bays on the ground floor had been roped off – though with 3 cars inside the barrier. No sign to explain why this had happened (over night I'd assume). So whilst I was in the gym I formulated some ideas:
1) Car parking patrols had run out of clamps for naughty overnight parkers and hoped a thin piece of tape would stop them removing the car.
2) By decreasing the apparent parking areas more people would be forced to park "university illegally" and be clamped, hence increasing the revenue streaming for the parking patrols
3) That the area behind the tape wasn't safe to park in and three naughty scamps just ignored the tape.
4) Student prank (though not up to their usual high standards I'm sure)
5) A half hearted response to some kind of threat from one of the cars in question…
I wonder if the day will shed any further light on this one…