The students could initially be given some guidance as to what constitutes a good article from an academic perspective, although it may be that the aim is for them to identify the most useful article to support their own learning.
- Within a specified period of time, a group of students are asked to each find an online journal article that deals with a specific topic.
- Each student specifies a url to the journal article, and gives a short overview of it along with an explanation of why they recommend it.
- Other students access the recommended articles, and add their own comments.
- Each student can rate each article from 0 (bad) to 10 (good).
- A league table of articles is created from the votes.
There could be a reward for the student who nominates the top article.