Technologist Manifesto…, or Things Everyone in IT Should Know
Writing about web page http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/bi/confessions/archives/007715.asp
If you're in IT, take a read of the whole thing…in brief though:
- Bad Technology is Your Fault
- Users aren't Born Stupid, You Train Them to be That Way
- You want to make your system easier to use than to not use.
- If the Solution Seems Too Simple, Use It
- Eliminate Jobs – Everywhere
- Make People Better
- Keep a Junior Nearby
- Understand the Good of "Good Enough"
- Respect the Database for What it is
- The 3-by Rule