More bathroom renovation
So, another whole day of DIY. As with yesterday, it was bathroom work again. Steph's Dad came over this morning to help out…thank god!
- Buy shower
- Buy lots and lots of new plumbing fittings and pipes
- Remove old bath
- Chisel out runs for new shower pipes
- Fit up new pipes, putting in completely new pipes into the wall for the shower
- Put in new bath and fit new taps
- Seriously tighten up all pipes and joints
- Turn water back on and pray!
- Plaster over shower pipes
Job done. All in all about 9 hours including breaks for shopping and boozing and eating!
Was a hell of a lot more time consuming than I imagined. Had we just been replacing the bath, no problemo. But putting in a shower where there was none before…that is what really made it so much harder. But hey, now we have a nice shower.
Should be able to get the new bathroom cabinets built tomorrow after work, ready for Terry to come back again and help out later in the week. Hopefully Tuesday (If John or Chris are reading this…can I have Tuesday off :) )