CIPR Midlands PRide Awards 2005/6
Writing about web page http://www.cipr.co.uk/prideawards/midlands/welcome.asp
Seeing as no one else has got around to mentioning it, I may as well…
The Warwick Blogs marketing campaign won two awards at the CIPR Midlands PRide Awards 2005/6 on Friday night. Not having my camera, I can't show you any pictures of the Warwick bunch in all their black tie and gown glory, but here are a few thumbnails photos from the official photographer.
Use of Photography, Design or New Media
- Gold – Warwick University, Warwick Blogs
- Silver – The Bright Consultancy, Cable Guy
- Finalist – Derbyshire County Council, “Face of B-Line” Bus
- Finalist – Neon Communications, Ten4 Magazine
- Finalist – Seal Communications, Well Constructed!
In House Campaign
- Gold – University of Warwick, Launching the University of Warwick in London
- Silver – University of Warwick, Warwick Blogs Silver
The great one to win was the "Use of Photography, Design or New Media" because it was up against quite a few people (rather than just other stuff from Warwick), including some proper PR consultancies. So, congrats especially to Hannah and Karen for all their hard work and great design skills. Hopefully John, Casey or Karen will put up some proper photos soon.
PR and marketing is not something that generally gets done well in a university environment, especially for IT projects. All too often departments will work hard on projects only for them to fall short of their potential through bad PR, marketing and advertising. The challenge for the future is to keep up the profile of the services that ITS offer so that our users know about all the great stuff we can provide them.