Blogging and PDP
We've agreed the following:
- There should be a default PDP category for all new student blogs
- There should be a "Create a PDP entry" link on the create entry menu
- We need to make sure that there can be personal tutor aggregate pages by the start of term, which can be filtered to only show the PDP category
- We need to do a bit more work to ensure that we can remotely create entries in peoples blogs from other systems
- Need to have a web service which lets you find out if someone has a blog and where it is so that other systems can more easily integrate with blogbuilder
Most of the above had already been discussed or thought of, but it was good to get a proper list of their requirements.
They are also going to try and put together a website/leaflet to give to academics to explain the benefits of encouraging their students to blog, which could be a useful addition to the work of the e-learning advisors. We must ensure that we all work together on this to make sure that we don't give out any mixed messages.