Back from South Africa
Follow-up to Off to South Africa from Kieran's blog
So, we got back from South Africa on Sunday afternoon. I’ve only just got around to uploading photos today, as I’ve been either too busy or too tired since then to do it.
I’m not going to write reams as the photos will tell the story…to sum up though:
- Long but entertaining flights with Emirates…superb entertainment systems!
- Great weather (mid 20s to 30C most of the time)
- Free accommodation at my parents’s lovely house
- Great food as the South Africans really know how to do good meat :)
- Cheap, exchange rate is great at the moment (about R14 = £1)
- Lots of time spent with the whole family who we don’t see often enough really now-a-days
- A fantastic safari in Hluhluwe, staying at the great but wild Munyawaneni lodge
I was really pleased with my new camera as it helped me take much much better photos than I did last year. All of the pictures below and shrunk for upload, but otherwise unedited. I was particularly pleased with the zoom and low light performance of the camera as I wouldn’t have got half my shots on safari otherwise. I’ve only highlighted a few here, there are more in the gallery and a lot more (about 500) on my computer.
So how did you get the Nyala to jump through the fences? Can you get a lion to jump through a flaming hoop?
02 Nov 2006, 09:03
Add a commentYou are not allowed to comment on this entry as it has restricted commenting permissions.