All entries for Monday 20 June 2005
June 20, 2005
So, after huge amounts of prep work, we finally got down to actually laying the patio on Sunday. The plan was that we'd have Saturday off and we'd lay the patio on Sunday because it was meant to be a bit cooler…how wrong were we (or rather the Met. Office).
Starting at about 10:00 and finishing at 20:00, it was a tough 10 hours in the sun…but we did it. As usual, Barry and Steph's Dad came over to help out and with one person using the cement mixer and two of us actually laying slabs, we managed to get it all done. I'm fairly happy with the finish, but some of the gaps between the slabs are uneven because the damn things are uneven sizes…but once the gaps are pointed, you shouldn't notice.
Numbers for the day:
- 1: Number of painters/cooks/bar-women :)
- 2: Number of dogs getting in the way
- 3: Number of workmen
- 5: Bags of cement
- 10: Hours in the sunshine
- 20–30: Number of cans of Pepsi and bottles of beer drunk
- 35: Bags of sand used for cement
- 130: Number of slabs laid