All entries for Tuesday 02 November 2004
November 02, 2004
I'm surprised with the lack of mentions of the elections today in Warwick Blogs. I can't help but wonder who the hell is going to win.
Reading my "Bushisms" calendar every day, I can't help but grow to hate Bush more and more each and every day, but will Kerry be any better?
Who will win?
My hopes are on Kerry…but I fear Bush will get it :(
- 75%: Percentage of those in an ABC poll who thought it was the most important election of their lives
- $272,573,444: Amount raised by President George W Bush (correct as of 13 October)
- $249,305,109: Amount raised by Democratic challenger Senator John Kerry (correct as of 13 October)
- 43,256: Number of times adverts were run from 21 to 27 October
- $46,367,413: Total amount spent on adverts from 21 to 27 October
- 208–169: US newspaper endorsements for Mr Kerry and President Bush (correct as of 31 October)
- 28–14: loss by Washington Redskins football team – since 1936, a loss in their last home game before the election has been followed by victory for the challenger