Why you should all vote for me
I have just received a comment saying that I should use my blog rather than going out canvassing in the Arts Centre on some random Friday evening (I was actually going all round the social areas in and around the Union, not just the Arts Centre). Well, I was always going to publish the rough jist of what I put in my manifesto on my blog today so here goes:
Want a Councillor who is passionate?
You can have one – but there is one condition…
You need to vote for Kerri Parish!
- I am a first year maths and physics student who is passionate about how the Student Union is run and really wants to get involved.
- I am involved in university life, being a member of many societies.
- I may be a fresher but I can give you fresh ideas.
- I am a politically minded and politically active citizen. I will be going on the anti top-up fees protest on October 29th. I am also a member of the Warwick Conservative Society and Speak.
- I am passionate about making a difference for the community. I am a member of the Warwick Volunteers Society.
- I feel that I will be able to make a real difference for the students at Warwick if elected to the Council.
- I will go out of my way to discover and therefore best represent the views of those in my department.
So vote Parish4Council!
If you don’t, you will regret it!
So now you know why I want you to vote for me. Please don’t forget.
Anyway, in further response to that comment, we were told that word of mouth is the best weapon we have. I was never going to rely on just one method of canvassing but a mixture of methods. For example, I have a couple of socials on tomorrow so I will be dropping it into almost every conversation that I’m standing for the Council.