All entries for March 2006
March 30, 2006
- The Rolling Stones – haven't declined with age, because it's not possible to go any lower. Never stood for anything.
- Morrissey – solo career is on record as being the longest continuous downward spiral in history. Won't tour Canada because they club seals, but did send flowers to the funerals of both Kray twins. Idiot.
- Leonard Cohen – king charlatan, whose songs seem designed to make teenage girls want to sleep with him. The least mystical person ever.
- PJ Harvey – rubbish fame-chaser, whose songs seem designed to make teenage boys want to sleep with her. Listening to an album once made me literally physically sick.
- The Arctic Monkeys – aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarh. Please, stop.
- The Kooks – actually the worst band ever. I am not exaggerating this for effect.
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – not bad really, but with hair like that you will be held accountable at a higher standard than others. Albums disappointing.
- Paul Weller – what went wrong? Lots, evidently. I blame Thatcher.
- Coldplay – a passable, perhaps even good post rock band, ruined by a prick of a singer. Yes, I said post rock. Imagine it without the rubbish vocals and lyrics. Now do you see?
- Beck – ffs scientology?
Special bonus for Oasis, who don't even deserve a bulletpoint
I feel MUCH better after that, hurrah.
March 16, 2006
daydream nation is a better album than goo
March 14, 2006
March 12, 2006
March 11, 2006
Haven't trawled the internet looking for good bands in a while, might do that. Have of late been listening mostly to Shellac, especially the live in Tokyo album. Albini still pretty much as awesome as it gets. Reconciling personal feminism with admiration for a guy who named his second band "Rapeman" is pretty tough, but I think I've managed it.
British Sea Power's first album was pretty good. Not exactly the oddity that was built up by certain segments of the music press, pretty ordinary really, but still good.
Man, I have to find something to do for the next five and a half weeks. Else I will be bored, which is not cool.
March 06, 2006
Hmmm, I've thought long and hard about hard to start this, and have tried to avoid sounding either preachy or manic. Having failed, at this, I have no choice but to say:
Seriously, this is such an important week, I myself will try to attend as much as possible.
As I perceive it gender relations in this country are so bad right now (not that they've ever been anywhere near what they should be), and anything that can be done to redress that is welcome.
March 03, 2006
Writing about web page http://www.sunion.warwick.ac.uk/portal/Default.asp?url=ARTICLE&article_id=678Well, I think this conclusively proves wrong the doubters who say that students just vote yes for everything.