All entries for Thursday 01 February 2007
February 01, 2007
Well it’s now been a month, and a good a time as any for an update on how this glorified ‘todo list’ is going…
Finally get all things transferred to the new house. I’ve been living there 6 months now and its getting a bit ridiculous. Tesco and West Bromwich need doing this week.Done. Sort out where to live after July.Done done done. I will now be resident at The Fort till at least July 2008. Hopefully the shower will be fixed before then.The shower is now half-way fixed. Get a new phone.Done. And nice it is as well.
- Start working out again. Well I’ve done one week, and after 4 days of muscle aches I think a more regular routine may be necessary.
Stop having Hula-Hoops for breakfast.I haven’t had had any since before Christmas. Success!
- Above includes registering at the docs. This is more difficult than it should be because I’ve never done it before, so I need to go to my old docs to get some sort of card-thing.
- When above is done, get all the things that either are, or I think are wrong with me checked out. Dan said that when he registered they did a check anyway. That could be a long day.
- Go the dentists. Haven’t been to one of them in about 10 years. In my defense the last time I went I had 4 teeth pulled so I’m not exactly rushing this one.
- Sort out employment. This one may be sorted already.
- Sort out pension. I am now an Old Man and therefore need to think about when I will die, and the time between finishing work and then. In all seriousness the state pension is a joke, and as a temp I need to get this sorted on my own.
- Learn to drive. I’m almost 23 so this one really should get taken care of. Even if I don’t want to drive anywhere in particular, I should at least be able to.
Try to drink less.In fact the complete opposite, but then that was the idea.
Writing about web page http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6319211.stm
The award for most paranoid city in the world today goes to Boston, who thought that images of cartoon characters were trying to blow up their city.
Now obviously this looks exactly like an explosive device:
Finally the Mooninites have moved on from robbing convenience stores, to full blown terrorism.
I must thank BBC News online for this wonderful video of the panic caused, and this screenshot, which is quite frankly amazing:
A quote for the District Attorney:
“I cannot stress strongly enough the seriousness of this offence. Commerce was disrupted, transportation routes were paralised, residents were stranded, and relatives across the nation were concerned for the safety of their loved ones.”
Why so serious?...
Ignignokt: I hope they can see this, cause I’m doing it as hard as I can.