So Google have yet another free tool out; Google Analytics, a tool to analyse your web site traffic. (I presume that this is why Google bought Urchin last March.)
- Keyword referrers (especially Google Adwords if you have them, unsurprisingly)
- New and returning visitors
- Geographical distribution of your visitors, with nice maps
- Trend reporting to compare any of your data sets from one arbitrary period to another arbitrary period.
- Data overlays – see stats for your pages overlaid right on to those pages so that you can get data in context just by browsing your own site.
It looks like a really polished set of reports and data manipulation tools. And it's free. If I had a site with no stats reporting on it right now, I'd be tempted to give this a go. But of course, if you're swayed by the "Google has all my data!" argument, then this is not so much the last straw as a giant great tree trunk across the camel's back.