All entries for Wednesday 28 December 2005
December 28, 2005
Writing about web page http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/145981.php
What do you think the top result would be if you went to Google and did a search on the two words "Baby" and "Jesus"? Obviously you don't have to wonder; click here to see. The first result is, shall we say, not what you might expect.
Conspiracy theorists are already outraged, and assert that this can't be an accidental by-product of Google's algorithms, but must have been done manually by Google staff. I don't think that's even remotely plausible, but it does seem like a strange result.
How much snow do you need to have fun? Not much, it turns out. And as an added bonus, it seems that my new camera is less plagued by shutter lag than my old one was.
Want to reflect on your 2005? Try these:-
- What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
- Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
- What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- What was your biggest failure?
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- What song will always remind you of 2005?
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
- What was the best book you read?
- What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
- What did you want and get?
- What did you want and not get?
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- What kept you sane?
- What political issue stirred you the most?
- Who was the best new person you met?
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005
I'm not necessarily a big fan of memes but if there's a time to reflect, surely it's round about now. If you trackback to answer these questions, use a common tag so that all the answers can be found in one collection, would you? Something like '2005_reflect' maybe?