All entries for Sunday 25 January 2009
January 25, 2009
Jack Welch was the Chairman and CEO of General Electric, who has contributed to GE's outstanding 20 year record. Here are some quotes of Welch about some fundamental leadership principles from his book "Jack: Straight From The Gut".
- There is only one way - the straight way. It sets the tone of the organisation.
- Be open to the best of what everyone, everywhere, has to offer; transfer learning across your organisation.
- Get the right people in the right jobs - it is more important than developing a strategy.
- An informal atmosphere is a competitive advantage.
- Make sure everybody counts and everybody knows they count.
- Legitimate self-confidence is a winner - the true test of self-confidence is the courage to be open.
- Business has to be fun - celebrations energise and organisation.
- Never underestimate the other guy.
- Understand where real value is added and put your best people there.
- Know when to meddle and when to let go - this is pure instinct.