All entries for March 2005
March 08, 2005
Grrr Grrr Grrr
I. Bloody. Hate. Med to Ren. Lectures. All of them.
I was just sooooooooo bored!
And she completely ignored Canto xi, which is my presentation this week and the only reason I went to the lecture! Grrr.
And then she starts all this word-association crap, with refelctions in the river what-the-fuck Guyon guide bad guide gold god god of gold guile shut up shut up shut up SHUT UP!!!
I am attempting to write my Epic essay on Virgil and Milton. As you can see, I'm not getting very far.
But I have had a thought.
The reason given by many Christian denominations in past times for the subordination of women was that we were being punished for Eve's "original" sin. Equally, many denominations still believe that a child must be baptised to remove the sin it has been born with, i.e. that it was created through sex, which was made sinful by Eve's eating the forbidden fruit. Ok.
But this means that because our most ancient ancestor commited a sin, we ourselves are in some way imbued with this sin. But why? If this is so, why are we not affected by the sins of all our ancestors? I am sinful because Eve was sinful, but does this also mean that if my Great great great great grandfather was a murderer, that I am also affected by his sin?
March 04, 2005
You Are 60% Left Brained, 40% Right Brained
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.
The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.
Yeah, that's fairly spot on…
March 03, 2005
Here is the BBC's list of 50 Things To Do Before You Die and my comments therein:
1. Swim with Dolphins This is far too obvious and as Bill Bailey points out, probably a bit scary
2. Scuba dive on Great Barrier Reef
3. Fly Concorde to New York Not actually possible anymore
4. Go whale-watching
5. Dive with sharks No, not after seeing Open Water. No
7. Fly in a hot air balloon
8. Fly in a fighter jet
9. Go on safari
10. See Northern Lights I WANT TO DO THIS. This should be number 1
11. Walk the Inca trail to Machu Picchu Huh?
12. Climb Sydney Harbour Bridge
13. Escape to a paradise Island This is surely a little unspecific
14. Drive Formula 1 car
15. Go white-water rafting Ahha! Have done this
16. Walk Great Wall of China
18. Ride Rocky Mountaineer train
19. Drive along Route 66 Why?
20. Grand Canyon helicopter ride
21. Ride the Orient Express
22. See elephants in the wild
23. Explore Antarctica Um, wouldn't this take some time...
24. Ride a motorbike
25. Try ranching
26. Climb Mount Everest Bit excessive, surely
27. Wonder at a waterfall Riiiiiiiight. I guess I've done this
28. Go into space Oh come on
29. Explore the Galapagos Islands
30. Trek through a rainforest
31. Gallop a horse along a beach
32. Ride a camel to the Pyramids
33. Take the Trans-Siberian Railway, Moscow to Vladivostok
34. Catch sunset over Uluru
35. Go wing-walking
36. Climb Mount Kilimanjaro What if you don't want to climb a mountain?!
37. Fly over a volcano
38. Drive a husky sled
39. Hike up a glacier
40. Ride a rollercoaster Uh, yeah
41. Fish for blue marlin
42. Go paragliding
43. Play golf at Augusta, Georgia I don't do golf. Why is this important?
44. Watch mountain gorillas
45. See tigers in the wild
46. Do the Cresta Run, Switzerland
47. Visit Walt Disney World, Florida
48. Gamble in Las Vegas
49.See orang-utans in Borneo
50. Go polar bear watching I want to see if there are any armoured ones...
Ok. So. I've done three of those. And most of the rest are pretty unattainable. Hmmmm… Will compile my own list at a later date…
March 02, 2005
Writing about web page http://guimp.com/pacman_flash.html
You guys have to go see this…
It is, quite simply, The world's smallest game of Pacman
Last night I was the most drunk I have ever been in my whole entire life.
Consequently, this morning I am the most hungover I have ever been ever ever.
Bloody Lifesaving Club.
Bloody Pub Golf.
Basically, each drink has a 'par' and you have to drink that drink in that many swallows to be 'on par'. So you have to down a shot in one, a bottle in three and a pint in four…
And there are eighteen 'holes', or drinks.
I ended up being 23 under par, with my partner Sarah matching me drink for drink and then throwing up and ending up 21 under par.
Which is why I am so bloody hungover.