- been in several different time zones, and despite all my efforts with sunglasses,coffee, alcohol, slippers, and other methods designed to deceive my body clock, I lack commitment to any one sleep pattern, and hence my body clock is still confused. I think it's currently flirting with the idea of daylight saving time in Western Australia, but I can't be sure.
- spent inordinate amounts of time doing 'home' things, such as making chicken stock and accompanying my mother to garden centres to be seduced by patio furniture and tea cosies with flowers and cats on.
- watched inordinate amounts of television and now feel like the dark-haired woman floating around and laughing gaily and having her 100% pure pleasure with Appletiser and Friends and I have developed a very special friendship that ought not to be neglected.
- seen lots of people, whom I only managed to see briefly at Christmas when I was a little drunk. This has now been remedied so that I see them more often and drink more. This is possibly not the best solution, but this can be dealt with later.
- Facebook. Even now, the 'create entry' page comforts me because the design reminds me of those hallowed blue profile screens.
- too much work. I am currently writing something for my pracfic portfolio about late night Radio 4 and mangoes. It has all the signs of desperation such as a 'quirky' title and lots of stuff about fruit and snow and other, you know, meaningful symbolic stuff, but in a really vague manner so that it's obviously deeply subtle and well thought out. Obviously. Am trying to comfort myself with fact that may not even be marked due to strike, and might get a predicted grade that would be better than the mark I'm going to get for this obviously deeply subtle and well thought out portfolio. Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks.
- a cat who has discovered that switched-on laptops are flat, warm and cat-sized, and also an effective way of getting more attention. (She also managed to accidentally email somebody I haven't spoken to for years with the message 'awssssssssssssaaaaac' which I'm sure was gratefully received.)
- lots more excuses, that I am not going to include because I must now go and devote my time to those listed above. The cat is waiting for her seat.
5 comments by 1 or more people
Ha ha- cool cat!
10 Apr 2006, 00:21
Beautiful – love the fact that the page you happened to be on when your cat decided to take control was indeed facebook.. ahhh the wonderfulness of obsession xx
10 Apr 2006, 00:26
Cats will do anything to get attention – this includes jumping on my assignment reading notes and generally re-organising them. I'm sure they're trying to be useful really but they don't seem very good at it.
11 Apr 2006, 16:15
I had a cat who clawed my homework to shreds. When i explained this to my teacher, she said it was the lamest excuse she'd ever heard!
21 Apr 2006, 10:31
Could be worse – I had a friend whose cat peed in her school bag…
22 Apr 2006, 23:24
Add a commentYou are not allowed to comment on this entry as it has restricted commenting permissions.