Warwick Blogs are Besieged!
A sizeable proportion of the emails I receive to my Warwick account continue to be in response to this blog entry. This then, is my second compilation (following this) of some of the more wonderful comments which continue to be made to a rather throwaway tirade I made over a year ago about Word count msn usernames, testifying indeed to the power of google to lead the loathsome common internet user to Warwick blogs…
- Matt, risking the wrath of women the world over, says, amongst other pertinent observations, "THE WORST MSN NAMES ARE THE DEPRESSING ONES - THEY HAVE TO STOP, AND I MUST SAY, WITHOUT ANY SEXIST VIEW, THAT IT IS THE FEMALES."
- On November 30th, someone called 'me' (but not me, you understand) said "my user mane is I WALKED UP 2 MY BROTHERS BEST MATE AND SAID U R GAY!! he slapped me with his handbag!"
- On March 11th, 'ninja' proved that it is not only Warwick students with tongues firmly in cheek who may run the risk of appearing snobbish. He displays his superior grasp of msn terminology when pointing out that "i think you'll find that the 'user message' is for writing about pointless cr@p and how you are feeling ;) a 'username' is primarily to distinguish between contacts. ;)"
- 'Charlotte' takes a different approach but similarly attempts to clarify procedings by saying of her own username "I dont know why people can get so offended, its just a small joke."
- Alas her comments are subsequently sullied by 'JORDAN''s "U GUYS R SCREWED I DONT GET IT", and the missive which arrived in my inbox this morning, prompting this entry: "u r gay ALL OF U!!!".
Incidentally this correspondant left the email address 'email@example.com', which made me wonder whether I should add Mr. Frankenstein to my msn contacts and inflict some monstrous word count usernames of my own devising upon him…
And lest it appear that I am in anyway the snob, I shall conclude with the words of Phillippa Daykin, who was moved to leave the following comment by my previous trackback: "Dear Lord, cretins appear to be taking over the world."
If even Warwick Blogs, my dear fellow Warwickians, can no longer afford us a refuge against assaults on our liberal middle-class sensibilities, then surely we're DOOMED!