All entries for Tuesday 04 December 2007
December 04, 2007
Former Italian President, Francesco Cossiga told Italy's most respected newspaper that the attacks were run by the CIA and Mossad and that this was common knowledge amongst global intelligence agencies.
Cossiga was elected President of the Italian Senate in July 1983 before winning a landslide 1985 election to become President of the country. He led the country for seven years until April 1992.
Cossiga was forced to resign after revealing the existence of, and his part in setting up, Operation Gladio - a rogue intelligence network under NATO auspices that carried out bombings across Europe in the 60's, 70's and 80's.
Gladio's specialty was to carry out what they coined "false flag operations," terror attacks that were blamed on their domestic and geopolitical opposition.
Cossiga's revelations contributed to an Italian parliamentary investigation of Gladio in 2000, during which evidence was unearthed that the attacks were being overseen by the U.S. intelligence apparatus.
In March 2001, Gladio agent Vincenzo Vinciguerra stated, in sworn testimony, "You had to attack civilians, the people, women, children, innocent people, unknown people far removed from any political game. The reason was quite simple: to force ... the public to turn to the state to ask for greater security."
Cossiga's new revelations appeared last week in Italy's oldest and most widely read newspaper, Corriere della Sera.
A rough translation:
"[Bin Laden supposedly confessed] to the September [attack] to the two towers in New York [claiming to be] the author of the attack of the 11, while all the [intelligence services] of America and Europe ... now know well that the disastrous attack has been planned and realized from the CIA American and the Mossad with the aid of the Zionist world in order to put under accusation the Arabic Countries and in order to induce the western powers to take part ... in Iraq [and] Afghanistan."
Coming from a former head of state, Cossiga's assertion that the 9/11 attacks were an inside job and that this is common knowledge amongst global intelligence agencies is highly unlikely to be mentioned by many establishment media outlets.
Writing about web page http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSWBT00801220071203
A new U.S. intelligence report says that Iran halted its nuclear weapons program in 2003 and that it remains on hold.
The latest National Intelligence Estimate concluded: "We do not know whether (Iran) currently intends to develop nuclear weapons."
This contrasts strongly with an intelligence report two years ago that stated Iran was "determined to develop nuclear weapons."
However, the new assessment said the technical capabilities Iran is pursuing would likely be capable of producing enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon "sometime during the 2010-2015 time-frame." So that might yet provide the Bush administration (or a prospective Clinton administration) with enough terror to fuel their wars for corporate command and control.
Full story at Reuters: http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSWBT00801220071203