Stupid Student House
I was happily working on our group presentation a short while ago when my whole computer system suddenly powered down. My housemate was also working on his Engineering project, and the same thing had happened to him.
We discovered that the circuit breaker had tripped the power to all the plug sockets in the house. For some strange reason, all the sockets were going through one fuse - that is 5 student bedrooms through ONE fuse. Normally each floor is on a separate circuit... so we are going to complain to the landlord and make sure this sort of thing does not happen again.
Anyways, we cannot seem to reset the breaker and so we have linked 4 extension leads together to that we can draw power from the sockets in the kitchen which are on a different circuit. Although I cannot power my computer, I have access to another housemate's laptop from which I am making this entry.
Apologises to Ling and Alice for not making much progress on the presentation, but there is not much I can do at the moment :( I will come in earlier tomorrow so I can do a little more work on it, but now I think it is time for bed!