All entries for November 2005
November 30, 2005
THIS IS GREAT HOLLY! READ IT AND LAUGH (OR WEEP)
It was an undeniably hot day at College of Cakes's home ground last week, as Warwick's captain Emma 'Boz' Boswood led her team suggestively onto the pitch. Straight from the kickoff, Warwick were feeling careful, Daisy Christodoulou staggering intimidatingly up the wing and around the opposition faster than a bristling tiger. Throughout the following half, Warwick played a pathetic game, whilst the strange crowd kept chanting 'There's an apostrophe in the plural, you muppets!' . At half time, Warwick captain Emma 'Boz' Boswood berated her team for their undeniably beautiful play, whilst Marie Thuard was brought on for Claire McMaster, who claimed to be hungover. Following a violent collision with a goalpost, Gloria Radici was substituted for Winnie Sia, who was clearly suffering from a broken spleen. The daft little minx was immediately carried to the nearest St. Johns' Ambulance to lull the opposition into a false sense of security. Warwick's Emma 'Boz' Boswood shuffled down the pitch, distracting College of Cakes's Catherine Archers, before passing carelessly to Daisy Christodoulou. She lined up and took the shot, but College of Cakes's goalkeeper Emily Baileys palmed the ball wide. By the time the whistle was finally blown, the abstract College of Cakes had unrestrainedly humiliated Warwick, 7–3.
AND THIS ONE (WHY DO I ALWAYS GET SUBBED?)
Last week saw an inebriated Warwick Women's seconds put in another rabid performance, in a home game against College of Cakes. Straight from the kickoff, Warwick were feeling hungover, Harriet Husbands crawling suggestively around the opposition angrier than a fluorescent tiger. College of Cakes's Angela Castlemaine had to restrain Daisy Christodoulou when she snapped, and started trying to rip College of Cakes's Michelle Purple's arms off. Half time came, and Warwick captain Emma 'Boz' Boswood stopped for a drink, whilst Claire McMaster was substituted for Gloria Radici, who claimed to be drunk. Shortly afterwards, play was disrupted briefly, when Warwick's Eleanor Black ascended into heaven. Warwick's Emma 'Boz' Boswood checked their insurance, and the game proceeded. At the end of the game, Warwick had thrashed a muddy College of Cakes side 7–2. This week's woman of the match was Ros Goodfellow, whose lazy perfomance and rabid impropriety may one day see her legally representing Warwickshire.
November 27, 2005
Im ill today and it doesnt look like it will get better anytime soon.
And to make it worse, every where i know has snow, except for here.
Where is the logic in that.
Messages of best wishes welcome.
Or any mesages at all for that matter, it doesnt look like i'll be leaving the house today.
November 16, 2005
I think i did alot today, and i feel happy about finally being organised and doing all the things i've put off for ages.
Got up at 7:03, got bus, met dan, had lecture on ethics, went for coffee with jo, went to seminar, got bus back with emma, finally paid my deposit on the flat, went to the doctors, went to tesco, got my inkcartrige refilled, bought a necklace for £1, went to shop for bags, saw great bag in house of fraiser, saw even more amazing chloe tan leather paddington bag on ebay for way too much money, went back to see great bag, met matt for tea for too little time, watched neighbourghs, filled in application, had dinner, saw lost, showered and now i will go to bed.
"You want love, we'll make it,
swim in a deep sea of blankets,
take all your big plans and break them
this is bound to be a while…
Your body is wonderland
I know you're mine all mine all mine,
but you look so good it hurts sometimes".
November 08, 2005
> >1) Full Name: Gloria Radici
> >2) Birthdate: 16/06/85
> >3) Zodiac Sign: Gemini
> >4) What did you do today?: So far?, i went to somerfield and called my dad and a sitting at the pc sulking because food wont just make itself..
>5) What time is it?: 12:39
> >Last person who…
> >6) …called you was?: matt i think
> >7) …slept in your bed was?: umm…me, or maybe not
> >8) …saw you cry was?: last time someone saw me cry was probably last year, and again, matt
> >9) …made you cry was?: life in general
10) …spent the night at your house was?: maaaatt (this could get repetitive), you dont count my housemates, right?
> >11) …you shared a drink with was? shared a drink? i never share drinks, they just get taken away from me for some reason when im not looking
> >12) …you went to the movies with was?: amy last week, or before!
> >13) …you went to the mall with was?: oh sunday.
14) Yelled at you was?: er… niamh.. :(
15) Sent you an e-mail: boz
> >16) …said they were gonna kill you was?:
Eminem…..oh wait, but I guess on the CD he isn't specifically talking to me is he?
>Have you ever…
> >17) …taken a picture of yourself with a milk mustache and sent it to the milk people?: No, I have a life
> >18) …said "I love you!" and not mean it?: i have never said that.
> >19) …gotten into a fight with your dog/cat/bird/fish/etc?: Well I once tried to pull my cats tail. and now shes dead. Im sure there is a moral to that story
> >20) …been to New York?: noo
> >21) …been to Florida: no
> >22) …been to California?: Nope, I haven't, but I
hope to go and study there later on in life
> >23) …been to Hawaii?: No, but I'd like to
> >24) …been to Mexico?: bloody hell, its like ive never been anywhere
25) …been to China?: Why would I go there?
> >25) …danced naked?: probably
> >26) …stalked someone?: I wouldn't exactly call it stalking…lol
> >27) …had a mud bath?: Hey…that's a good idea!
>28) …wished you were the opposite sex: Yep!
definetely! Men have it so much easier! I wanna
scratch my balls, burp, fart and laze around all day!
>29) …had an imaginary friend?: Yes, when I was younger! And he was the bestest imaginary friend in the world, such a great listener!
> >Some more questions!
> >30) What time is it now?: 12:46
> >31) Apples or bananas?: Bananas!!
> >32) Red or blue?: most definitely blue
> >33) Backstreet Boys or N Sync?: *chokes at the
mention of 'them'* WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM!!!!!!!!
BACKSTREET'S BACK ALLLLRIGHT!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!
> >34) Wal-Mart or Target?: er..
> >36) Spring or Fall?: Spring cuz its my b day in
> >39) Math or English?: english, way easier to make up stuff in
> >40) What time is it now?: 12:46 (why do u always
> >41) What are you going to do after you take this
> >survey? have lunch and watch neighbours and go to lectures and go to cats birthday and go home and sleep.
> >42) What was the last meal you ate?: er… breakfast
> >43) High school or college?: UNIVERSITY
> >45) How many of your buddies are online? I dunno, I
haven't logged on to messenger
> >46) Last movie you watched?: CHASING AMY
> >47) Last noise you heard?: someone in the kitchen>
> >Which one of your friends…
> >48) …laughs the weirdest?: er… niamh
> >49) …will grow up and be a model?: All of them,
you girls are all gorgeous!..unless you dont grow
> >50) …is going to have the most kids? Alex, he wants 23 from rachael stevens
> >51) …have you known the longest?: ana, and ettore >52) …knows you the best?: few people do now.a.days
> >53) …is the loudest?: anyone in the football team
> >54) …is the quietest?: Ana probably but she still
> >55) …do you have the most classes with? no one.
> >57) What was the last birthday party you went to?: Alex's and cats
> >58) When was the last time you went out of state?:
one week ago
> >59) What's your lucky number?:6, for some reason
it usually brings me good luck like on sports shirts and stuff like that
> >60) What time is it now?: 12:51. i am sad.
November 07, 2005
1. Whose thoughts would you most like to read? Sometimes, people i was talking to, just to know if they are actually listening.
2. What have you lost that you'd most like to retrieve? One earing i lost coming back from Greece, now i only have one.
3. What's your favourite red thing? My bikini
4. What are some things that irritate you? People asking me questions, one after the other like: "Whatdidyoudothisweekend?Wasitgood?Doyouhavetheseminarsheetiaskedyoutobringlastweek?Doesyoucatlikemilk?Isittruethatcowscantelltheweather?"
5. What's your favourite boy's name? Alessandro.
Girl's name? Francesca
6. What's on the walls in your room? Artistic framed flower cards. Why? Because i put them there.
7. Name a CD you own that's a guilty pleasure (one you adore, but pretend not to for fear of irreversible negative social consequences). Guilty pleasures?er…mariah carey. Why do you like it? Because she was amazing, and then she took her clothes off..
8. What item of your friends' would you most like to have for your own? Item? as in not body part? Probably a pair of shoes. otherwise emmas boobs! em!
9. Where will you be in five year's time? Somewhere else in the world, still getting to know myself.
10. What one thing would you most like to accomplish with your life? Feel appreciated and finally belong somewhere.
11. What's your favourite scary movie? Im not a fan of scary movies. Unless its a good excuse to get close to someone.
12. Who's funnier, Jim Carrey or Bill Murray? Jim carrey!!!
13. Have you ever been in a school play? Billions of times. Was it good? Were you good? well, duh!
14. What's the furthest place you've ever travelled to? South virginia from milan. Unless you count all in one go, and that took like 2 days to get from milan to lisbon by car.
15. Have you ever won a trophy? What for? For singing.
16. Name a book you'd recommend to a friend. Why? The alchemist, because it is true, the power of love and belief can take you anywhere.
17. What's the stupidest thing you've ever done? And you're limiting it to one? got in a car with strangers, driven a scooter in 4, been really drunk (amazingly drunk by the ocean rocks). Stolen a toilet.
18. What's your favourite cartoon? Why? The smurfs, the snorkels, lady lovely locks, Holly & Benji! Oh my childhood. Ohoh my little pony.
19. Which animal do you most resemble in appearance and habit? I dont know, probably a cat.
20. What mesmerises you? Season, songs, the sky.
21. Name something about yourself that people don't expect. I had a fling with a u.s. sailor and he even told me that they were keeping an eye on Bin Laden before 9/11 about a month before it happened!
22. What's your favourite place on campus? Why? The arts center, thats where i go to hide from the world.
23. What everyday item is the most well designed? (Fit for purpose and aesthetically pleasing.) The lamp, it does what it says. It gives light.
24. What's your favourite time of day? Why? Early morning when people are asleep.
25. What is the best thing you have done in a seminar? Listen to a postgrad argue with my friend jo, and lose!
26. What is the best moment you have had in a lecture? When they didnt show up.
27. What was your biggest mistake in your first year? Think i could run a society that i didnt truly feel part of.
November 06, 2005
Your Superhero Profile
Your Superhero Name is The Crimson Platypus
Your Superpower is Kissing
Your Weakness is Sailors
Your Weapon is Your Wind Crowbar
Your Mode of Transportation is Llama
OMG how right they were. Althought i would have preferred a duck as a method of transportation, but i guess beggars cant be chosers.
Your Hidden Talent
You have the power to persuade and influence others.
You're the type of person who can turn a whole room around.
The potential for great leadership is there, as long as you don't abuse it.
Always remember, you have a lot more power over people than you might think!
Recently i think that the things that you want to achieve are actually achievable. And that is a frightening thought. Where is the world in which the things that you want you dont get? When did it get so easy?
All you have to do is fill out an application and wait.
November 05, 2005
Here is a list of words that make perfect sense, and yet, somehow, are not in the dictionary! Feel free to add on to the list:
- Fantafluffy (i have to thank niamh for that)
- yay (im sure thats not in the dictionary
- tifate (its a mix between italian and english, meaning to support a team)
- blrugh the vampire, always a good one to have
… to be continued…
November 04, 2005
Im definately feeling happier tonight after training. I know, i know, but sometimes i feel lazy and even the thought of training feels daunting, even intimidating.
Training was good (not me so much) and i managed to hurt my foot yet again. But i can honestly say that at least our captain keeps us in good spirits, and really does help, the whole session is happier. It helps not feeling useless and feels good.
I also have to mention the greatest social i went to on wednesday, it was awesome, thankx winnie and foxy you really make it super! And helen and malin and claire. We rule. Apart from the 23974669 billion drinks we had to drink in one glass, but we gave holly the best present ever.
In a trolley! With balloons!!
Great job every one. And Score was good, not as scary as i thought it would have been, mostly top b really. And i have to complain about the mens hockey as they were very rude. Not even worth it.
Am i missing anything else out from the night? Well probably...
Football is good.
Happy birthday hol!
ps. thankx for remembering me and taking me to the bus!! :D
Just little things, incidental things, things you wouldnt even notice.
Like staying up until midnight, talking about absolutely nothing.