The best ever question: 'Where are you from?'
Writing about web page http://www.tckworld.com
This is an amazing book for people who grew up in a different place from their parents' country of origin (not for immigrants' children). It covers all those things that you always thought were just odd about you, but are actually common to many others who grew up in similar situations. That home that you never thought you had is here. It's uncanny how much it makes you feel like someone, somewhere, has been through the same thing as you. If anyone wants to read it but doesn't want to buy it, just say, I've got my copy here, n may be willing to lend it…
Missionary Kid (MK)
You know you're a missionary kid (MK) when . . .
1. You're an expert on the quality of airline travel.
2. You speak two languages but can't spell either.
3. You have a time zone map next to your telephone.
4. You have friends from or in 29 different countries.
5. Your life story uses the phrase "Then we went to . . . " five or more times.
6. You never take anything for granted.
7. You send your family peanut butter and Kool-Aid for Christmas.
8. You watch National Geographic specials and recognize someone.
9. You see a movie set in a foreign country, and you know what the nationals are really saying into the camera.
10. You realize what a small world it is, after all.
Pass this on…
– Author Unknown
I take it you're an MK then? Lol. Maybe there should be a club or society for you.
20 Dec 2004, 21:00
Add a commentYou are not allowed to comment on this entry as it has restricted commenting permissions.