All entries for February 2005
February 28, 2005
February 27, 2005
February 26, 2005
February 25, 2005
February 24, 2005
I bought my 60GB Ipod photo today. did some job research. well, worst out of worst, i just go back shanghai, making phone calls to companies day by day. need to be well prepared. I feel a bit slack this semester. anyway, keep up. I always will get what I want if I try hard enough. alrite, seriously, stop wasting my time on internet. do some reading about 525, 2 things due this friday…
Wisconsin-Madison is really one of the BIG TEN, tonight the women team won the basketball at Kolh Center again. Last Friday, men's hockey's score was 5:1… cool madison, I am leaving here in 3 months. feel a bit depressed. but that is why I shouldnt sleep that much, should keep active. I'm going to CS in the morning, to finish that homework.
I am always lucky, surrounded by many nice friends. Thank so much for their help….I think my formal Chinese is kinda poor. I should spend my summer wisely.
cool, good luck with my 525 reading.
February 23, 2005
Source is taken from http://www.labostay.or.kr/
sounds scary and too impenetrable… anyway, I guess i did such behaviors when i was young. after a few slack years aboard, i am doubted. and I guess that is maybe why Jun didnt wanna talk that much on phone while he had breakfast with his dad…cool, clever Wen^^
The bow is the most fundamental manner of showing a respect in Korea.
Korean manner must come from the heart not from the formality like clothes.
When you visit your host house, let`s follow the following etiquette.
1. Koreans play into the house by taking off their shoes.
Must take off your shoes and place neatly on the doorstep
2. Greet elders with standing up when they enter the house
3. Don't smoke in front of elders
4. When you give or take something, you should use your right hand.
5. When you fill liquor others, you should do them with your right hand.
6. When you take a liquor glass from elders, you should do with your both hands.
7. Avoid stretching out the legs or lying down when elders are presented
8. Don't request shaking hands to elders first.
9. Avoid too much exposure in summer
10. Korean Table Manner is troublesome.
* The best seat is far from the entrance and near the center
* Do not lean on the table. Seat properly
* Wait until elders to start the meal
* Do not use spoon and chopsticks holding in one hand.
* Do not leave your seat several times before you finish the meal.
* When you have soup, you should use the spoon instead of chopsticks.
* If you finished first, place the spoon on the rice bolw or the soup bowl.
After finishing the meal of elders, you can put down the spoon on the table.
* Do not stand up before elders do
==========Most of them are true, and if you do the same in China, people will think you very polite, elder people like that. people will show you their respect.
February 22, 2005
IF it's time.IF you feel like you are at the end of your ropes..then..cut yourself loose and be free