All entries for March 2006
March 30, 2006
Ok, so I know I should be working, revising or something but I have a killer of a stomach cramp and every attempt I've made at working have resulted in me being in pain so I've decided to curl up on the sofa with a hot water bottle stuck to my tummy watching the tv.
This brings me onto the reason for blogging. Daytime TV. Honest to God, who watches this crap? I understand that there are bored housewives and people like my grandparents who do nothing much more to do than watch TV and drink tea but couldn't they make something better? Anything better? Watching cockroaches race up a damp wall would be more interesting than this assortment of overly made-up weirdos with no dress sense combined with some films that should never have got the green light in the first place. I'm watching one at the moment, while I'm blogging obviously. It's entitled "Danger Island" and it has noone in it of any interest and it's about being stuck on a deserted island with a creature that was created by the CIA, escaped and killed the doctors 20 years previously. It's all very amusing, or at least I'm sure it would be if I was watching with friends and a few beers. I feel so awful today I can hardly stand up straight so I can't even go and buy chocolate :( I'm sitting here, chocolate-less, beer-less and watching a film called Danger Island. It is a sad day my friends.
So on a lighter note, my birthday party was a complete success, it was truly awesome. I was so happy so many people came, even Geordie despite telling me for days that he wasn't going to be able to make it – Lorna conspired to keep me in the dark and I will hate you forever for it missy!!
Oh the island isn't deserted apparently. They've found some tribe or other that apparently the sea/swamp/lab monster doesn't like the taste of. What a spectacular film, how did this seem like a good idea on paper?!?
1. Were you named after anyone? 2 great grandmothers Eleanor and Sarah, so yeah
2. Do you wish on stars? I used to every night but that was when I was little and didn't understand they were GIANT BALLS OF FIRE
3. When did you last cry? Last night, I am a complete pansy
4. Do you like your handwriting? Oh yes, it took me ages to perfect it
5. What is your favourite meat? Pork, or any other sort of pig you wish to fry and cover in brown sauce for that matter
6. What is your most embarrassing CD on your shelf? Kylie? That's probably the worst, and yet Britney is probably a close second
7. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Haha no, I'm an attention whore who is particularly highly strung, but if you can look past that then I make a super friend
8.Are you a daredevil? Chicken. Totally.
9. How do you release anger? I get drunk and do embarrassing things
10. Where is your second home? Home home, Tooting, it'll always be home but I prefer being far far away from my parents.
11. Do you trust others easily? I am quite trusting but it takes a lot for me to truly trust someone
12. What was your favourite toy as a child? Thomas the Tank Engine toys :)
13. What class in school/college do you think is totally useless? Media studies, sorry to anyone who does it but I had a taste of it at GCSE and it was a complete waste of time
14. Do you use sarcasm a lot? No, never…
15. Have you ever been in a mosh pit? Once, it was an accident
16. What do you look for in a guy/girl? Intelligent conversation
17. Would you bungee jump? Good God no
18. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Some of them
19. What's your favourite ice cream? Ben & Jerry's Phish Food
20. What are your favourite colours? Blue, Black, Purple, Red – does black count?
21. What are your least favourite things? Inexcusable stupidity and a lack of consideration
22. How many people do you have a crush on right now? Only one – so childish :)
23. Who do you miss most right now? Do cats count? Sam and Sprocket, they were helping me revise a couple of days ago and now I have to do it alone
24. What are you listening to right now? I'm watching TV but if it counts the washing machine is making some delightful noises
25. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Green
26. What is the weather like right now? It's grey yet sunny – work that one out
27. Last person you talked to on the phone? My ex
28. The "first" thing you notice about the opposite sex? Eyes….mmmm…. pretty eyes
29. Do you like the person who sent you this? I like the many people I could have stolen this from :D
30. How are you today? Knackered and fed up of revising
31. Favourite non alcoholic drink? Probably cola, or something like pineapple juice
32. Favourite alcoholic drink? Malibu, or sambuca in moderation
33. Natural hair colour? Yeah, because that's not obvious…
34. Eye colour? Blue.
35. Wear contacts? Nope
36. Siblings? One younger brother, Alex
37. Favourite month? February
38. Favourite food? Cannot choose one. All food is good, except everything I have cooked
39. Favourite day of the year? Boxing Day
40. Have you ever been too shy to ask someone out? Nope, always ask, you never know what you might be missing, or that they might feel just as shy
41. Scary movies or happy endings? Scary movies, all about the scary movie
42. Summer or winter? Winter
43. Do you want your friends to write back? Stupid…
44. Who is most likely to respond? More stupid
45. What book/magazine are you reading? Notes from a big country by Bill Bryson
46. What's on your mouse pad? My mouse pad at home has Bagpuss on it :)
47. What did you watch on TV last night? A film called Alive that was quite depressing
48. Favourite Smell? Can I say Geordie? I would say the smell of his flat but the cats kinda ruin that fairly frequently
49. Have you ever regretted breaking up with someone? Yes, yes I have, but not for long
50. Most tiresome thing you’ve ever experienced/done? tiresome – Mass? Being Catholic generally.
Loving these quiz things x x
March 29, 2006
Played Spin the Bottle?:
Oh dear, yes
Toilet Papered someone's house:
Played Poker with money:
No, I have no poker face so nooooo
Gone swimming in a white T-shirt:
Over a swimsuit because I am ginger….
Been tickled so hard you couldn't talk:
Um, with Lorna on this one
Liked someone but never told them:
No, I always say something
I was a Guide so that's a big fat embarrassing yes
Had a crush on your brother's friend:
Oh dear God no
Walked in the rain without an umbrella:
Yes, in Prague, in summer skirt and sandles
Told a joke that nobody thought was funny:
Oh dear, yes
Been in a talent show:
Started laughing at someone's bedtime:
Worn somthing your mom didn't appove of:
Been to a nude beach:
Oh Good God NOOOOOO I hate my body
Drunk Jack Daniels:
Yes – eugh!
Cursed in a church:
All the time, sorry!
Been called a slut for kissing someone:
Yes, by my best friend at the time
Burnt yourself with a curling iron/straightner:
Wanted to be a police officer:
Been hit on by someone too old:
Wanted to be a model:
Bought lottery tickets:
Made out in a car:
Wanted something you couldn't have:
Had sex on the beach:
Not on the beach, something to do I guess as I can't sunbathe….
Had the drink sex on the beach:
Seen someone shoplift:
Not that I recall
Hung up on someone:
Yelled at your pet:
Bought a thong when the cashier was a guy:
Yes, tres embarrassing
Tried to strip when drunk:
Haha, um, yes
Nope, never, pansies
Had a stalker:
Played a prank on somone that had them really scared:
Been embarassed by one of your family:
One? Can we go with all instead?
Felt bad about eating meat:
About top-up fees, but I just went because it was a chance to see my friends from home
Been to an island:
We happen to live on one, but that aside, yes
Been in love:
Eaten just because you were bored:
I am doing so right now in fact
Looked at something everybody thought was ugly and said "aww":
No, ugly things are ugly…..only kidding, probably
Screamed in a library:
Made out with a stranger:
Ah, my misspent youth
Wished a part of you was different:
Do we have to be specific about one part?
Asked a guy to dance:
Been asked out by a really hot guy:
Laughed so hard you cried:
Yes, wonderful thing
Went up to a complete stranger and started talking:
Oh hell yeah
Kicked a guy in the nuts for being a pervert:
Yes, but before I truly understood the mechanics of all that down there
Threw up in school:
Recieved an anonymous love letter:
Yes, a valentines actually
Had to wear something you hated:
Upon seeing the pics my mother fished out for my birthday I'm gonna go with yes
Been to a luau:
Yes, I threw one in Tooting when my parents were on the beach in Hawaii :(
Saw your ex and wanted to kick his ass:
Haha, did, well tried to, but couldn't stand up so settled for throwing up in KFC instead
Cursed in front of your parents:
Yes, still get a slap for it too
Been in a commerical on tv:
Watched a movie that made you miss your ex:
Everything I watched for 6 months after Matt?
Been out of the country:
Been honked at by some guy when you were walking down the
Won at pool:
Yes, when I was wasted at 3am in a pool hall against Tom – WOO!
Went to a party where you were the ony sober one:
I went for a curry but all the other times I've been the drunk/dancing/stripping/embarrassing one
Went on a diet:
Weightwatchers for 3 months – 10lbs, baby
Been lost out to sea:
Cheated on your bf:
Only a snog, which was drunken, does that count? I'm a good girl really
Been cheated on:
Yes but I don't know to what extent
Been attacked by seagulls:
A goat, yes; seagulls, no
Been searched in an airport:
Been on a plane:
If Lorna is infact correct then perhaps when my little brother learned how to do that
Thown a shoe at someone:
Broke someone's heart:
Sung in the shower:
Define singing, my voice seems to sound awful in the shower
Bought something way too expensive:
All the time – and then regret it
Done something really stupid that you still laugh about:
Probably did this weekend :)
Been walked in on when you were dressing:
Ran out of a movie theatre because you were too scared of the movie:
I did sit with my head buried in someone's shoulder for almost all of Ring2 and I had nightmares following screaming out loud (the only idiot to do so in the cinema, I might add) during the Village
Been kicked out of the mall:
At closing time?
Been mean to someone then instantly wanted to take it back:
Been given a detention on the worst day that you could get one:
Done something stupid when you were drunk:
Fell off your roof:
If I did that I'd die, the terraces in Tooting aren't really built for it
Pretended you were scared so you could cuddle up with someone:
Had a deer jump in front of your car:
I don't drive but the car infront of my dad did run over a young hog (what is the equivalent of piglet for wild hogs/boars?!?)
Threated someone with a water gun:
I have a water gun in my cupboard in the kitchen, for emergencies, clearly
That was fun, I should do more of these, but I am now out of boredom food – back to the kitchen!! x x
March 23, 2006
Yesterday was my 21st birthday and it was super. I was woken up at 6.30 by my mother singing "Happy Birthday", which, for those of you who haven't heard my mother singing before, is an interesting way to wake up. I then had presents to open at breakfast including pretty things like a treble clef brooch from my brother that is just gorgeous, its silver with marcasite in it – to die for – and a promise from my parents to pay for me to pass my driving test, partly because it's what I really, really wanted and partly because they're fed up of giving me lifts places when I'm at home.
Then I went back to bed because it was wasn't even 8am yet. Stupid time to be up on any day but especially my birthday.
But my aunt came round and woke me up (Grrr) but she gave me more pretty things – an incredible morano glass necklace and bracelet and a mulberry purse – so I forgave her. After that I made my brother drive me over to my Nan's to show her everything I'd got and thank her for the large amount of money she'd given me and then I had a lovely meal with my family. It was lovely. Even the call from Lorna, who was (seemingly) surrounded by drunk people, was lovely. Everything was, surprisingly, lovely.
Today it's all over, baking cakes for my shin-dig tomorrow, receiving texts from people who forgot (including my old best friend – bitch) and moving all my stuff into my new purse (no space for a condom – stupid stupid stupid) so I'm sat in my pyjamas watching the commonwealth games and blogging to my hearts content. Lovely.
Amazingly I don't feel any different today, even though I'm old and wrinkly now…
March 11, 2006
1. I need some: Alcohol, junk food and all things bad for me
2. Sex: I vaguely remember what that's like…damned hormones
3. Relationships: Are the most important thing a person can have
4. Your Last Ex: Is asleep downstairs :)
5. Power: I'm a woman, a red-head and a williams, you're preaching to the choir
6. Marijuana: Smells a lot
7. Crack: Is more-ish
8. Food: Is fucking awesome, seriously, could eat myself to death
9. The President: Is on a mission from God…apparently…(if someone else said that and killed as many people they'd be locked up)
10. War: Is a frightful business and I hope never to be affected by it directly
11. Car: I know what I want and I know how to get it – soon….
12. Gas Prices: Are indeed ridiculous
13. Halloween: Is a great excuse for me to dust off the goth clothes and march around looking pale and incredibly sexy and leave black make-up on everything :D
14. Politics: Can be interesting but can be awful
15. Religion: Is a waste of time 99% of the time
16. myspace: Is something my brother wastes his time on, promoting his band, I think
17. Worst Fear: Knives/Spiders
18. Marriage: Is great provided you don't go crazy and go getting engaged at 16 :S
19. Fashion: Can be useful, but generally not designed for slightly bumpy pale red-heads with long legs
20. Brunettes: See below
21. Redheads: ARE FUCKING AWESOME AND I'LL KILL ANYONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH IT
22: Work: I would like some, or just some money without having to do the work thing
23: Pass the time: Sleep, Economics, Maths, Listening to music
24: Football: Is a silly sport. End of.
25. One night stands: Are terrible. End of.
26: Pet Peeve: People who have the ability to be smart but choose not to
27: Pixie Stix: Aren't they those straws full of sherbet?
28: Vanilla Ice: Is silly. End of.
29: Porta Potties: Are the gateways to hell, especially at festivals. And yet, they are also the most wonderful things at 3am in the middle of a cold muddy field
30: High school: Was a wonderful place, although the uniform was a bit crappy
31: Pyjamas: Are the best thing in the history of the world, I am currently sat in mine, which consist of comfy baggy trousers and a British Bulldogs game shirt with no. 75 on it :D
32. Wood: Same as Lorna I'm afraid, so filthy
33. Surfers: Can be cute and ARE NOT ALL STUPID!!!!
34. Pictures: Preserve memories.
35. boyfriend/girlfriend: Andrew Smith, who is wonderful, very understanding, sexy, loving and one of the most amazing people anyone will ever meet.
March 08, 2006
There is something about March that makes me feel decidedly glum. I was born in March and that in itself should make me somewhat happy and excited. However, it does not. March is glum. I was in all day today (officially did not leave the house, not even to go to the shops) and I had my massive curtains open all day to my wonderful view of my nice large garden. But all day I had to have the light on because it was so dreary I couldn't work with the light from the window.
How depressing is that?
Anyone who says that the weather doesn't affect people is a bare faced liar. Or they might just live in a box and think that it's always sunny. That would work.
So anyway, I can't deal with summer because I'm allergic to it and spring showers and gloomy skies depress me so I think I should just hibernate from February to September, but then I'd miss all my finals….this is becoming a better idea by the second…..