All 1 entries tagged PDP
October 26, 2004
Writing about web page http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/cll/skills/personalacaddevelopment/learningstyles/
Aim of the Learning Styles activity
- To enable you to understand your own approach to learning better
- To adapt your learning strategy to be most effective during your time as a student at Warwick.
- I had a strong preference for being an Activist
- I had a strong preference for being a Reflector
- I had a moderate preference for being a Theorist
- I had a moderate preference for being a Pragmatist
My strongest preference was found to be: Reflector (66%)
As my results indicate, I have learning styles with strong preferences to Reflector and Activist styles and moderate preference to Theorist and Pragmatist. I do agree that I have a flexible way of learning however after reading the descriptions of each, i feel that they contradict e.g.the activist states a disadvantage of,
"Are not good at working out priorities" yet an advantage of a Theorist is that,
"Set clear goals, know why you are doing something, and which topic is highest priority.
I would place myself mainly in the Theorist category touching into the Reflector category because I can relate well to most points e.g."I do like to consider all possible angles and imlications before making a move", and "I like to do this in a logical manner". (Hence fitting into both learning styles and this is just one example how points interlink.)
I will not be changing the way i study because I feel I am quick to adapt to my surroundings and have found that having a mixture of styles helps maximise my success in learning.