All 1 entries tagged Update
View all 31 entries tagged Update on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Update at Technorati | There are no images tagged Update on this blog
October 31, 2007
A number of people have reported that they are unable to transfer references from their EndNote Desktop account into their EndNote web account, because the Transfer option appears greyed out in the Tools menu. There are two possible solutions.
The first requires you to update your EndNote Desktop software to version X0.02 or later.
Updating EndNote Desktop
- Click on the Windows Start button
- Select All Programs > EndNote > Update Endnote.
- Wait for the update program to finish.
- Go to your EndNote Desktop library and click the Tools menu. If the Transfer References option is now available, you can use this. If the Transfer References option is still greyed out, you will need to use the process below.
- In your EndNote Desktop account, click the drop down menu for the Output Style box in the toolbar. Click on Select Another Style.
- In the Choose an Output Style box, select Refman (RIS) Output. Click Choose.
- In the Endnote meu bar, select File > Export and save the file in the normal way (make you save it as a text (.txt) file.
- Open your EndNote Web account and click the Collect tab, then select Import References.
- Click the Browse button to find the file you have just saved.
- Under Filter select RIS Format.
- Click on Import. Your references will be imported into the [Unfiled] folder