All 2 entries tagged Transfer
View all 20 entries tagged Transfer on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Transfer at Technorati | There are no images tagged Transfer on this blog
November 05, 2007
Last week's blog entry looked at how to transfer references from your EndNote Desktop account into EndNote Web account. However, you can also transfer references the other way.
Part 1: Saving references in EndNote Web
- Log in to your EndNote Web account.
- Under the Format tab, select Export References.
- From the References drop down menu, select which references you want to export (all your references or just those in a specific folder).
- Under Export Style, select RefMan (RIS) Export.
- Click the Save button.
- Select Save to Disk and click OK, then choose where to save your file to.
Part 2: Importing the references into EndNote Desktop
- Open up EndNote Desktop version and load up your EndNote library.
- Click on File then Import.
- Click on the Choose File button and find the file you have just saved.
- From the Import option drop down menu, select Reference Manager (RIS).
- Click the Import button.
October 31, 2007
A number of people have reported that they are unable to transfer references from their EndNote Desktop account into their EndNote web account, because the Transfer option appears greyed out in the Tools menu. There are two possible solutions.
The first requires you to update your EndNote Desktop software to version X0.02 or later.
Updating EndNote Desktop
- Click on the Windows Start button
- Select All Programs > EndNote > Update Endnote.
- Wait for the update program to finish.
- Go to your EndNote Desktop library and click the Tools menu. If the Transfer References option is now available, you can use this. If the Transfer References option is still greyed out, you will need to use the process below.
- In your EndNote Desktop account, click the drop down menu for the Output Style box in the toolbar. Click on Select Another Style.
- In the Choose an Output Style box, select Refman (RIS) Output. Click Choose.
- In the Endnote meu bar, select File > Export and save the file in the normal way (make you save it as a text (.txt) file.
- Open your EndNote Web account and click the Collect tab, then select Import References.
- Click the Browse button to find the file you have just saved.
- Under Filter select RIS Format.
- Click on Import. Your references will be imported into the [Unfiled] folder