All 3 entries tagged Toolbar
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag Toolbar on entries | View entries tagged Toolbar at Technorati | There are no images tagged Toolbar on this blog
February 26, 2010
We've received several reports recently of PC users suddenly losing sight of their EndNote Web Cite-While-You-Write (CWYW) tab in Word 2007. This can be both frustrating and perplexing, so here's guidance on steps to take should this happen to you. In the majority of cases, this should restore the tab.
If no tab appears at all, on a local (i.e., your own) computer, first try reinstalling the EndNote Web CWYW plug-in, downloading the file from your EndNote Web account. For IT Services computers, installing external applications is not an option; you may instead, however, access EndNote X3 from the internal network and run this on any University computer, which should restore the plug-in. (The CWYW plug-in ought to be active on all IT Services computer workstations in the Library, as part of an automatic installation of this desktop version of EndNote on the PCs.)
If you still don't see a tab and have tried reinstalling the EndNote Web plug-in (on your own PC) or running EndNote X3 (on an ITS machine), chances are that the EndNote Web CWYW plug-in, although installed, has been deactivated or disabled within Word 2007. In this case, the following steps should reactivate the tab:
Open up Word and right-click on the Ribbon (the bit where the tabs are and the EndNote Web tab is missing from).
Choose Customize Quick Access Toolbar.
Select Add-ins from the left-hand column.
To work, the EndNote Web plug-in files should be listed under the Active Application Add-ins heading. If they are not, use the Manage function at the bottom of the screen, clicking Go to access a tick-box screen, activating disabled/deactivated EndNote CWYW components by type in turn.
Close the dialog box. The tab should now be activated and visible within Word 2007.
February 26, 2008
A few people have reported an error which stops them from using the Cite While You Write toolbar within Word. The error message which appears is "The specified Word library cannot be unloaded because it is in use". If this happens, just follow the steps below to remove the problem:
- Start up Word and click on Help in the menu bar across the top of the screen.
- Select About Microsoft Office Word.
- Click the Disabled items button.
- In the box which appears, select EndNote and click OK.
- If prompted, allow the files to be loaded into Word.
- Shut down Word and re-start it.
The EndNote Web toolbar should now appear and work as normal.
January 24, 2008
If you want to use the Cite While You Write feature of EndNote Web to create your bibliography from a University PC (for example, in and IT Suite), you will need to install the toolbar using the following method.
- Click on the Novell Delivered Applications icon on the desktop.
- Click on Applications on the left hand side of the new window.
- Double click on the EndNote 11 (or EndNote X1) folder.
- Double click on the EndNote 11 icon. This will install the full desktop version of the software. It may take several minutes to complete.
- Once complete, close the EndNote software and start up Word.
- The EndNote toolbar should now be displayed (if it is not, click View > Toolbars > Endnote.)
- Click the EN Pref button on the EndNote toolbar.
- Click on the Applications Tab
- Select EndNote Web and click OK. Note: if you are using a university PC you should not enter your EndNote username and password on this screen.
- The EndNote toolbar will change to the EndNote Web toolbar and you can now use it to create your bibliography as normal.