All 1 entries tagged Searching
View all 10 entries tagged Searching on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Searching at Technorati | There are no images tagged Searching on this blog
October 20, 2008
Search the Library Catalogue directly from within EndNote Web
Did you know you can now search the Library Catalogue from within EndNote Web, making it easier to add references to books held by the Library?
- Click on the Collect tab.
- Click on the Online search tab.
- From the list, select the option U Warwick.
- Click the Connect button.
- Type a word to search for into the box (e.g. an author name or subject).
- Decide whether you want to Retrieve all records or Select a range of records to retrieve
- Click the Search button.
- Click the Retrieve button to view the items found or view the retrieved records (depending on the option you have chosen in Step 7).
Note: at this point, the references have not been added to your EndNote Web account.
- Review the items in the list and mark the ones you want to keep by ticking the box to the left of each reference.
- In the Add to group drop down menu at the top of the screen, choose the group (or folder) you would like to add this references to.
- Once you have selected the group, the references will be added to the Group you selected and you can use them as normal. A tick appears next to any references you have copied to your account
For an alternative method of how to add references from the Library Catalogue to your EndNote Web account, please see the blog entry for Importing references from the Library Catalogue