All 2 entries tagged Library Catalogue
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag Library Catalogue on entries | View entries tagged Library Catalogue at Technorati | There are no images tagged Library Catalogue on this blog
October 20, 2008
Search the Library Catalogue directly from within EndNote Web
Did you know you can now search the Library Catalogue from within EndNote Web, making it easier to add references to books held by the Library?
- Click on the Collect tab.
- Click on the Online search tab.
- From the list, select the option U Warwick.
- Click the Connect button.
- Type a word to search for into the box (e.g. an author name or subject).
- Decide whether you want to Retrieve all records or Select a range of records to retrieve
- Click the Search button.
- Click the Retrieve button to view the items found or view the retrieved records (depending on the option you have chosen in Step 7).
Note: at this point, the references have not been added to your EndNote Web account.
- Review the items in the list and mark the ones you want to keep by ticking the box to the left of each reference.
- In the Add to group drop down menu at the top of the screen, choose the group (or folder) you would like to add this references to.
- Once you have selected the group, the references will be added to the Group you selected and you can use them as normal. A tick appears next to any references you have copied to your account
For an alternative method of how to add references from the Library Catalogue to your EndNote Web account, please see the blog entry for Importing references from the Library Catalogue
December 14, 2007
Importing references from the Library Catalogue
Did you know it is possible to import references from the Library Catalogue into your EndNote Web account? Here's how to do it. It's a two stage process. The first is to save the references from the Library Catalogue, the second is to import them into your EndNote Web account.
Note: You can also search the Library Catalogue from directly within EndNote Web. See the entry on how to Search the Library Catalogue directly for more information.
Stage 1: Saving references from the Library Catalogue
- Search the Library Catalogue as normal and mark any items you are interested in by clicking the box to the left of them.
- Click on the Save Marked Records button towards the top left of the screen.
- Click on the View Saved button.
- Click on the Export Saved button.
- Under Format of List, choose the option End-Note/RefWorks.
- Under Send List To, choose the option Local Disk.
- Click the Submit button.
- Select Save to Disk, then click OK. Save the file in the normal way.
Stage 2: Importing Catalogue references into EndNote Web
- Go to your EndNote Web account. Click on the Collect References tab then select Import References.
- Next to File, click the Browse button and select the file you have just saved.
- Under Filter select the option EndNote Import.
- Under To select the group you want to send your references to.
- Click the Import button. The references will be sent to your selected group.