All 1 entries tagged Jstor
View all 3 entries tagged Jstor on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Jstor at Technorati | There are no images tagged Jstor on this blog
February 18, 2008
JSTOR: Importing references
Note: if you want to save more than one reference at a time in JSTOR, you will need to register for MyJSTOR. You will be prompted to do this as part of the instructions below.
Stage 1: Saving references in JSTOR
- Do your search in JSTOR as normal.
- Mark the references you want to keep by ticking the box next to each one.
- Click the Saved Citations button.
- At this point, you will need to login to your MyJSTOR account. If you don't have an account, you can register for one.
- Once you have signed in, click on (n) Saved Citations. This is in the top right hand corner, just below your name.
- Select the references you want to add to you EndNote Web account by ticking them (or click on Select/Unselect all).
- Select the option EndNote, ProCite, or Reference Manager (download RIS file).
- When prompted, select Save to Disk and click OK.
- You can now save the file as normal, but make sure the Save as type box is set to RIS Formatted.
Stage 2: Importing the references into EndNote Web
- Log in to your EndNote Web account.
- Click on Collect then Import References.
- Click the Browse button and find and select the file you have just saved.
- Click on Filter and select RefMan RIS from the drop-down list.
- Click on To and select the group you want to send the references to
- Click on Import.