All 4 entries tagged Export
November 23, 2011
November 17, 2011
We have had reports of people getting an "internal service error" when exporting references from the Web of Knowledge. Despite the error message, the references will have been tranfserred. The advice from the Helpdesk is as follows:
"Wait until all the results are fully loaded – this can take some time due to present problems, but loading of results should be completed fully before attempting to Export marked records . (This will need to be watched carefully as results are shown before all pages of results are fully loaded.) Although error messaging may be displayed – move to the EndNote web tab/link available. Check the EndNote Web page for exported references by ensuring that the results are ordered by latest date (it appears that it is defaulting by listing by Author) it may appear as if they are not exported if there are records from previous downloads in the folder. Due to the slowness of the services it may help to export records in smaller batches."
June 10, 2008
If you want to save your references from your EndNote Web account perhaps to send them to someone else, use them with another program or take them with you when you finish at Warwick, here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Format Tab
- Select Export References
- From the drop down menu labelled References choose which references to save (e.g. references from a particular Group or all references in your account)
- From the Export Type drop down menu select EndNote Export (if you want to send them to someone else who has an EndNote account) or RefMan (RIS) Export otherwise.
- Click the Save button
- Choose where you want to save the file and give it a file name as normal. Make sure you choose to save it as a Text file (.txt)
- Click the Save button
May 29, 2008
If you use the Zotero plug-in for Firefox, you can still import the files into your EndNote Web account.
Saving your references in Zotero
- Click on the Actions icon in Zotero.
- Select Export Library.
- From the Format drop-down menu, select RIS.
- Click OK.
- Save the file as normal.
Importing your references into EndNote Web
- Click on the Collect tab.
- Click on Import References.
- Click on the Browse button and find the file you saved in Zotero.
- From the Filter drop down menu, select RefMan RIS.
- Click the Import button.
Thanks to Sophie Gamwell for this useful tip.