All 2 entries tagged Deleting
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag Deleting on entries | View entries tagged Deleting at Technorati | There are no images tagged Deleting on this blog
May 19, 2008
If you accidentally delete a reference from your EndNote Web account, it's now easy to get it back.
Previously, deleted references were deleted completely. However, they are now put into a Trash group where they will stay until you empty it.
Restoring a reference from the Trash Group
- Click on the Trash group link on the left hand side of the screen
- Tick the reference(s) you want to restore.
- Click on the Add to Group drop down menu at the top of the screen
- Select the group you want to move the reference to. It will now be removed from the Trash Group and restored to the group you selected.
Emptying the Trash Group
It is a good idea to occasionally empty the references in your Trash Group to stop it getting too big.
- Click on the Empty button next to the Trash link on the left hand side of the screen.
- Click OK to confirm you want to delete them permanently.
Remember: once references have been deleted from Trash, they will be gone permanently and you will not be able to restore them.
March 27, 2008
If you add a lot of references to your EndNote Web account, you might sometimes find you accidentally add the same reference twice. Did you know there's an easy way to check for duplicate references and delete them?
- Click on the Organize tab.
- Click on Find Duplicates.
- Any references which are the same will be displayed. You can select the ones you want to delete by ticking the box to the left of them and click the Delete button.