Word error: The specified Word library cannot be unloaded because it is in use
A few people have reported an error which stops them from using the Cite While You Write toolbar within Word. The error message which appears is "The specified Word library cannot be unloaded because it is in use". If this happens, just follow the steps below to remove the problem:
- Start up Word and click on Help in the menu bar across the top of the screen.
- Select About Microsoft Office Word.
- Click the Disabled items button.
- In the box which appears, select EndNote and click OK.
- If prompted, allow the files to be loaded into Word.
- Shut down Word and re-start it.
The EndNote Web toolbar should now appear and work as normal.