Importing references from the Library Catalogue
Did you know it is possible to import references from the Library Catalogue into your EndNote Web account? Here's how to do it. It's a two stage process. The first is to save the references from the Library Catalogue, the second is to import them into your EndNote Web account.
Note: You can also search the Library Catalogue from directly within EndNote Web. See the entry on how to Search the Library Catalogue directly for more information.
Stage 1: Saving references from the Library Catalogue
- Search the Library Catalogue as normal and mark any items you are interested in by clicking the box to the left of them.
- Click on the Save Marked Records button towards the top left of the screen.
- Click on the View Saved button.
- Click on the Export Saved button.
- Under Format of List, choose the option End-Note/RefWorks.
- Under Send List To, choose the option Local Disk.
- Click the Submit button.
- Select Save to Disk, then click OK. Save the file in the normal way.
Stage 2: Importing Catalogue references into EndNote Web
- Go to your EndNote Web account. Click on the Collect References tab then select Import References.
- Next to File, click the Browse button and select the file you have just saved.
- Under Filter select the option EndNote Import.
- Under To select the group you want to send your references to.
- Click the Import button. The references will be sent to your selected group.