EndNote Desktop and EndNote Web: transferring references Part 2
Last week's blog entry looked at how to transfer references from your EndNote Desktop account into EndNote Web account. However, you can also transfer references the other way.
Part 1: Saving references in EndNote Web
- Log in to your EndNote Web account.
- Under the Format tab, select Export References.
- From the References drop down menu, select which references you want to export (all your references or just those in a specific folder).
- Under Export Style, select RefMan (RIS) Export.
- Click the Save button.
- Select Save to Disk and click OK, then choose where to save your file to.
Part 2: Importing the references into EndNote Desktop
- Open up EndNote Desktop version and load up your EndNote library.
- Click on File then Import.
- Click on the Choose File button and find the file you have just saved.
- From the Import option drop down menu, select Reference Manager (RIS).
- Click the Import button.