All entries for Thursday 24 January 2008
January 24, 2008
If you want to use the Cite While You Write feature of EndNote Web to create your bibliography from a University PC (for example, in and IT Suite), you will need to install the toolbar using the following method.
- Click on the Novell Delivered Applications icon on the desktop.
- Click on Applications on the left hand side of the new window.
- Double click on the EndNote 11 (or EndNote X1) folder.
- Double click on the EndNote 11 icon. This will install the full desktop version of the software. It may take several minutes to complete.
- Once complete, close the EndNote software and start up Word.
- The EndNote toolbar should now be displayed (if it is not, click View > Toolbars > Endnote.)
- Click the EN Pref button on the EndNote toolbar.
- Click on the Applications Tab
- Select EndNote Web and click OK. Note: if you are using a university PC you should not enter your EndNote username and password on this screen.
- The EndNote toolbar will change to the EndNote Web toolbar and you can now use it to create your bibliography as normal.