All entries for Thursday 18 October 2007
October 18, 2007
If you want to import references you had stored in RefWorks into your EndNote Web account, there is a two stage process to follow.
Note: before completing this process, you will need to have created your EndNote Web account from a university PC.
Stage One: Saving your RefWorks references
- Log in to your RefWorks account.
- Click on the References menu and select Export.
- From the next screen ensure that the options All References and Bibliographic software (EndNote, Reference Manager) are selected. These should be the default options.
- Click Export to Text File.
- A save box should appear. If it does not, click on the link that reads Download it.
- A window listing your references appears. Click File in the Internet Explorer menu bar, then Save As...
- Choose where you would like to save the file. You can also rename it if you wish.
- Click Save.
Stage Two: Importing your references into EndNote Web
- Log in to your EndNote Web account.
- Click on the Collect tab.
- Click Import References.
- Click the Browse button and find the file you have just saved.
- Under Filter, select RIS Format.
- Click Import.
Welcome to the Library's EndNoteWeb blog. This blog will be used to provide help and tips in using the web version of the EndNote reference management software.
EndNote Web can help you manage the references you collect for your assignment and automatically format your bibliography into the referencing style required by your department (e.g. Harvard or Vancouver).
In the meantime, if you want to know more about the EndNote Web software, visit the Library EndNote Web webpages to help you get started.