All entries for Wednesday 17 December 2008
December 17, 2008
IEEE Xplore: importing references to your EndNote Web account
To import references from the IEEE Xplore database into your EndNote Web account, you need to do the following:
Stage One: saving your references in IEEE Xplore
- Do your search as normal.
- Tick the box to the left of the references you want to keep.
- Click on the View Selected Items button.
- On the left hand side of the screen, in the Download Citations box, select the option EndNote,ProCite,RefMan from the drop down menu.
- Click on the >> button and save the file as normal.
Stage Two: importing the references into EndNote Web
- Click on the Collect tab.
- Click on Import References
- Click on the Browse button and find the file you have just saved.
- Click on the drop-down menu labelled Filter and select RefMan RIS.
- Click on the drop-down menu labelled To and select the group you want to send your refernces to.
- Click on the Import button.
You will see a confirmation message that the references have been added to your EndNote Web account,