All entries for Friday 14 December 2007
December 14, 2007
Did you know it is possible to import references from the Library Catalogue into your EndNote Web account? Here's how to do it. It's a two stage process. The first is to save the references from the Library Catalogue, the second is to import them into your EndNote Web account.
Note: You can also search the Library Catalogue from directly within EndNote Web. See the entry on how to Search the Library Catalogue directly for more information.
Stage 1: Saving references from the Library Catalogue
- Search the Library Catalogue as normal and mark any items you are interested in by clicking the box to the left of them.
- Click on the Save Marked Records button towards the top left of the screen.
- Click on the View Saved button.
- Click on the Export Saved button.
- Under Format of List, choose the option End-Note/RefWorks.
- Under Send List To, choose the option Local Disk.
- Click the Submit button.
- Select Save to Disk, then click OK. Save the file in the normal way.
Stage 2: Importing Catalogue references into EndNote Web
- Go to your EndNote Web account. Click on the Collect References tab then select Import References.
- Next to File, click the Browse button and select the file you have just saved.
- Under Filter select the option EndNote Import.
- Under To select the group you want to send your references to.
- Click the Import button. The references will be sent to your selected group.