So, wedding fever seems to be gripping my family at the moment – despite the fact that my cousins wedding is still just under a year away – 9th April 2007!!
We have been planning this wedding for what seems like an eternity already – suffice to say her fiance hasn't had too much involvement so far, especially considering that our family consists of all girls who are more than happy to talk wedding. We'll see how long it takes for us to get fed up with all the wedding talk!
So far, our preparations have been successful! Still a year to go but we have the following organised:
- the church is booked
- the brides dress is bought
- the grooms suit is ordered (plus best man and ushers)
- the cars are booked (for the bride, 6 bridesmaids + mother of bride!)
- the harpist is booked for the service – we are still looking to get a choir
- the 'save the day' cards are half written
- the invitations are ordered
- the hotel is booked for the reception
- the DJ is sorted for the reception (although not yet confirmed)
- all of the allocated rooms for the wedding guests are booked (despite the invitations not even going out yet!)
Things still to do include:
- the bridesmaids dresses
- mother of the brides outfit
- the order of service
- the cake
- the flowers
- plus lots of other things that I can't think of right now….
You may think that our preparations are a bit extravagant/premature since the wedding is still quite far away but there is just sooooo much to do!
Also, you may be wondering why I keep referring to the wedding as 'our' wedding! It's not my wedding, neither would I want it to be (no offence Laura but we all know how commitment phobic I really am!) but I am the secret chief bridesmaid so like to be involved in the planning! Technically, i'm not a secret chief since the real chief (Lauras elder sister Anna) knows I am the secret chief, I just think it is Lauras way to pacify me and give me lots of jobs to do that Anna won't do!
I can't wait for the party! More about the wedding when I can be bothered…thats if I don't get tired of it by then!