So what happened to me last year??
1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
I went abroad on holiday with my mates over the summer (fantastic!), started learning to drive, got an actual job and earnt money!! Specific to last term, i started listening in my lectures, making decent notes, and appreciating my course!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any, i don't see the point, sorry!
3. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Money. A degree. Possibly a boyfriend?? A full driving license!
4. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Um, i don't know… i'm not that great with dates…. the 4th of august was the day we flew to lloret de mar, so i'll go with that!
5. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Christ, these are pretty hard!! Probably getting a job at the Molineux, that meant so much to me
6. What was your biggest failure?
Hmm, i don't know, i can't actually think of anything really bad like that… oh, letting my parents down by getting big drink stains down the back of a sofa while they were away on holiday
7. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My holiday with the girls, being 'auntie Em' and watching Tom grow… considering future gap year plans!
8. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Cha Cha Slide will always remind me of 'mini-disco' at the Royal Beach Hotel, Lloret de Mar :-)
9. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Uni work and revision before my 2nd year exams! Career research.
10. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating a lot of rubbish, and getting worn down and depressed at times. Spending money!
11. What was the best book you read?
Whichever of the Harry Potter series i read over the past year!
12. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
Um, the Killers, Keane, Rooster, Sugababes, Kelly Clarkson, Charlotte Church…
13. What did you want and get?
A job, a fab holiday, driving lessons, a selection of short skirts, a great tan!, a growth of my own independence and self-belief, happinness and well-being, good times
14. What did you want and not get?
I honestly don't know! Maybe better results in my 2nd year exams, specifically in my Sex and Gender module!!
15. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 20 this year, and had a fab birthday. On the night of my birthday, i had a lovely meal out and night up town in Wolves with a selection of home friends, uni friends, and the guy i was kinda seeing. The next day i had a family BBQ with my close family in our garden. It was a fantastic weekend :-)
16. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Learning to drive really quickly so that i could be out and about now, doing my turn with lifts, and whizzing around the country of my own accord!
17. What kept you sane?
My family, a few very special friends, our piano, music, alcohol, chocolate…
18. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't know, and don't wish to get involved!
19. Who was the best new person you met?
Haha, that's a trick!! It wasn't the first time i'd met her, obviously, but getting to know Helena properly. Also Rich, Emma's lovely boyfriend. At uni, Chris and Siggy. In terms of interested males… the very very very sexy man i met at school disco last academic year, and 'Italian Man' on holiday!! :-) Sorry if i've left anyone major out, i can't think!!
20. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005
Life is for living, 'just do it', enjoy yourself and make the most of what you've got. There are so many possibilities out there… do what you want and be happy.