All entries for November 2006
November 13, 2006
Right guys, it’s three months since I’ve last written something, so I’m under a bit of pressure to write something substantial….oh, who cares, I’ll just whitter on about what’s getting my rather weary goat this week…
This week, I am mostly annoyed by:
1. People in Costcutter who use their debit/credit card to pay for a fucking sandwich! There’s cash mashines right outside, people, so don’t tell me you’re not doing just to annoy me.
2. Steve Wright…. You’re not funny, even in an ironic way…. we want Stuart Maconie!
3. James Lawton. The Robert Fisk of sports writing. For Lawton, sport is not shades of grey, it’s black and white, Arsenal or rubbish. The guy’s up Wenger’s rear end so much I’m surprised the moaning Frenchman can sit down
4. Tony Blair (obviously), but not quite as much as….
5. Gordon Brown, the smug bastard – I so hope there’s a challenge for the Labour leadership, and not from another Scotsman. The Scottish Raj is alive and well, and taking over our lives!
6. The ‘Put Your Hands Up For Detriot’, I don’t give a damn about Detriot, and there’s not way I’m putting my hands up for it! When will they write a trendy club song about Leeds, the one city I do love?
7. People in general…. there’s not a single person I’ve spoken to in the last two weeks that hasn’t annoyed me in some small way. I’m not asking for perfection, I’m just asking people to be better than imperfect!
Right, if I think of anything else, I’ll come back.
This is fantastic therapy, I tell thee….