All 1 entries tagged Musings
View all 245 entries tagged Musings on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Musings at Technorati | There are no images tagged Musings on this blog
January 19, 2005
I kinda forgot I had a blog here. Here's something I was going to post at the end of last term but never got round to it:
*Well, it's the end of my first term, the first ten weeks, and here's a list of what I've learned:
1) Every student has at least 1 "witty" t-shirt. Generally, the more they own, the less funny they actually are.
2) Every student conversation will eventually turn to kids tv – or porn. Kinda two ends of the spectrum there.
3) Never, ever actually microwave baked beans for 4 minutes like it says on the can, unless you like stuff exploding.
4) If you add enough beer whilst cooking, anything will tast ok.
5) Never trust hand driers with the word "turbo" written on them. They're always pathetic.
6) There's too many people in the world with different names.
7) Going to bed earlier means you're more tired when you wake up. That's just how it works. And so the best thing to do is to never sleep (except then your brain starts bleeding).
8) You can halve your laundry by wearing clothes inside-out when they're dirty.
9) And maybe I've learned some engineering."*