All 1 entries tagged Collection
View all 39 entries tagged Collection on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Collection at Technorati | There are no images tagged Collection on this blog
November 08, 2011
Writing about web page http://pipes.yahoo.com
IIPSI Digital Media theme offer a number of business assist for West Midlands based SMEs. A key area that businesses have voted for is Meta Data Collection & Data visualisation. This post will introduce one of the online tools that can help with collecting and processing data - Yahoo Pipes.
The combined twitter feed on the right-hand side of this blog is made by Yahoo pipes from two of our twitter accounts. Yahoo Pipes provides a range of widgets, in this case, we've made use of the following to create the feed:
- Fetch Feed: a feed reading function to import RSS, ATOM, etc. Here we used two of them to load twitter feeds from two accounts
- Loop: a looping function to read every item in a feed list at a time
- String Builder: placed in a loop to assign a new title message to every item
- Truncate: only keep the latest five items from each feed
- Union: joined multiple feeds into one
- Sort: sort items in the new feed by publish time
- Done! Output can be exported as RSS, JSON, ATOM, XML, etc.
- Once configured, Yahoo Pipes will frequently check the source feeds to update the output. All we need to do is to copy&paste the output URL!
There, a codeing FREE tool for SMEs to automatically load target information. Potentially, this could contribute to a small scale of market research, competitor analysis, or much more......