All entries for Monday 24 January 2005
January 24, 2005
The process to become union president runs something like this:
- Fill in a form online, gathering the library card numbers of two folk who are willing to propose and then second your nomination.
- Print out said form, track down the people who's libary card numbers you obtained not realising that they'd have to sign the form in person.
- Extend your overdraft that little bit more by getting out the cash for the nomination deposit.
- Return signed form, cash and a winning smile to the nice people in the elections office and recieve a pile of paper in return.
- Note that amidst paper is instruction to return printed manifestos to the elections office in about three days time.
- Get drunk, don't sleep very much.
- Get drunk again, sleep hardly at all.
- Write the manifesto the night before desperately trying to remember all those great policy ideas that were filling your head three days ago.
- Hand in manifesto, bleary eyed and slightly smelly (thats me, not the manifesto).
- Remember all the great ideas.
Sometimes being awesome can harm your electoral chances. Thankfully I still have another week to sort out the online manifesto and the fine details of the campaign, so plenty of time then… Another drink? Oh go on then, it is monday night.
Plenty of time.